Summer is a time of fun, happiness, and adventure. Activity levels spike with the temperatures, and any moment spent inside is surely a waste of time. But all that fresh salty air and enjoyable warm sun that is so fantastic for your peace of mind can wreak absolute havoc on your hair.
Your hair is one of the first things people notice about you, so it makes sense you want to keep it looking as healthy and vibrant as possible.
The very first step to beating out the summer hair issues is to schedule an appointment with a hairdresser Newport Beach CA. They can ensure your hair starts the summer as healthy as possible. Winter has its own harmful effects, so a quick trim of dead ends is the minimal necessary treatment. You may also desire a fresh style, keratin treatment, or more.
Once you have a fresh, healthy looking mane to start the warm months with, you’ll want to follow a very strict schedule for your hair just like you would your skin. Simply follow these tips, and your hair will look it’s best all summer:
· Wash hair every other day or every third day for those with naturally dry hair. The exception is that hair should be washed EVERY day you go to the beach or use chemicals like bug spray around your hair.
· Condition your hair every time you wash it if you have dry hair, or every other time if you have oily hair.
· Braid your hair at night or pull it back to avoid tangles which lead to dry ends.
· Combat the drying effects of the heat by getting a hot oil or deep conditioning treatment every four to six weeks.
· Avoid the use of blow dryers, hair straighteners, gel, and hair spray whenever possible.